Downloading the content of internet is always need for many users. Download managers Play a vital role to keep the job going easily and in managed way. Many of us are very well known with IDM a very popular download manager for windows. But Its not free and it does not work on other platforms like Linux or mac.
Downloading via browser default downloader is a pain for many user since its not easy to manage downloads as well as it cannot grab contents like video on web directly. In Linux there is really hard to find the Download manager which can grab contents on web directly via browser.But no need to worry today we are talking about the best Free Download manager which works on Linux , mac as well as in windows and its completely free.
Best Free Download manager – xtreme Download Manager (XDM)
Benefits of XDM over other download managers are
- its completely free
- Available for Linux , Mac and Windows
- Easy to integrate with browser
- Can Grab the videos and other downloads on webpage
- Easy manageable interface with category and queue management
So in short this is a best Download manager which comes free ab have a great UI and setup is really easy.
xtreme Download Manager (XDM) Setup process
- Go to XDM download page and get suitable setup file for your OS (windows/ Linux/ Mac)
- Install the Program (on Linux extract the package and see read me file for how to install)
- Launch the program and an automatic browser integration windows pops up.
- Choose browser to integrate and install required plugin/extensions from given url
- Now you are done to use best free Download manager on your PC.
Here is Demo video on how to install xtreme download manager on Linux (ubuntu)
Thank you for checking in. Please share your experience and ideas with Download managers.