Most of us have dilemma about the difference between post and page. Specially in case of WordPress site, there’s confusion which one to be chosen for the creation of the site. There’s confusion whether to create pages only or create posts only.
For this you have to know detail characteristics about pages and posts.
What is the Difference between Page and Post
In case of WordPress, post and page act differently. Post is greatly influenced by time when it is created. The content of post are listed in reverse chronological order. This means the oldest post are less emphasized than new one. So your post should be done in timely and regular basis.
Pages can have custom template. Unlike post pages are entitled in timeless. This means pages are not supposed to be Expired and they are not included in RSS feeds by defaults. Moreover pages do not include social sharing buttons.
Conclusion : Post Vs Page
- Posts are timely vs. Pages are timeless.
- Posts are social vs. Pages are NOT.
- Posts can be categorized vs. Pages are hierarchical.
- Posts are included in RSS feed vs. Pages are not.
- Pages have custom template feature vs. Posts do not.